Friday, 11 July 2014

EDGE......a new (old) album

Today sees a rather low-key release of a new album of avant-garde experimental electronic music from me called "Edge", my first full album using Bandcamp.
 
If you read this blog, you'll know that back in 2012, I did three tracks with the same title. Well, I thought to have a bit of a clean up on my Bandcamp page and decided to repackage the three tracks as a single album.
 
As I said in the opening paragraph, "Edge" is a one hour album of avant-garde electronic music, set out over three tracks. This means it's not what you could really describe as "easy listening". "Edge" is a sonic exploration that teeters on the edge of tonality, and ventures beyond that point in to a dissonant atonal realm. As well as the three tracks, there's also a little .pdf document.
 
"Edge" was inspired by the experimentalists of old such as Edgard Varèse, Pierre Schaeffer and Karlheinz Stockhausen, as well as their modern contemporaries such as Matthias Schuster and Rod Mitchell (Atomic Shadow).
 
Challenge your mind and your listening capabilities and take a walk on the weird side of electronic music, you might just like it ;-)
 
You can get "Edge" HERE

Neil Fellowes: Edge (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)