Thursday, 22 May 2014

GTK Studio Telephone Exchange Project Part Two

A very busy morning in other parts of my life came to happy and successful conclusion when I finally got home to find that the 20 jack leads I ordered yesterday had arrived – great service from Armstrong Guitars!!!
 
So, after a spot of lunch and a bit of a chin wag with my good lady, I went into the GTK Studio to start the daunting process of a complete studio re-wire, as outlined in the previous post HERE.
 
The main thrust of today’s activities was to disconnect all the hardware synths and effects audio connections, then pile up the leads so that I could sort them out into their respective lengths etc. Let me tell you here and now, it made a mess and at times, I felt as though the leads were going to come to life and consume me!!!


 

This was done a lot quicker than I had anticipated, so once I had the all leads sorted, I set about connecting the line-in leads from the Peavey mixing console to the first patchbay. I have to say that it looks quite neat, and I’m quite taken with the line of silver connections.


More tomorrow Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)