Thursday, 9 May 2013

Delayed Monotron Flange

A few of my Facebook chums have been suggesting that I post up videos of when I'm messing about in my wee studio and as I received the Behringer EM600 Echo Machine pedal today, I thought it would an ideal opportunity to do just that.
 
The EM600 is basically a delay effect that is made of 11 delays all packed into one single pedal. You have Ping Pong, Reverse, two different multi-delays, Tracking, Sweep, Swirl, Slap and three different tap modes, all of which are exciting ways to mangle your audio signal. The EM600 has the capability to emulate the acoustics of various real-world environments from cathedral-like echoes to cave-like echoes, and everything else in between. I've only had a quick play with it today and I have to say that for what I paid for it, I'm mighty impressed.
 
So, the video below shows me sending a signal from my Korg Monotron in an effects chain, and then using the effects to alter timbre and pitch. It's raw and unpolished, but quite effective (if you'll excuse the pun) and certainly gives rise for development of the idea.
 
The effects chain is as follows:
 
Korg Monotron - Behringer EM600 Echo Machine - Behringer UF300 Ultra Flanger -
Behringer DD600 Digital Delay - Peavey SRC2400 console. I then used a Boss RV-1000 digital reverb on an auxillery send channel. No compression or computer-based effects were used.
 
There is a Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser also in the chain, but I didn't use it.
 
The Monotron was emitting an LFO driven pulse with the resonance to the max and the filter cut-off quite low so as to create the almost kick drum like sound.
 
I used the camera's own microphone hence the poor sound quality. I'm looking into recording audio properly.
 
Hope you enjoy my little cacophony of sound :-)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)