Sunday, 17 February 2013

LIVE AT AWAKENINGS JULY 2013

I am pleased to be able to announce that I will be playing a set at the Awakenings Evening of Ambient and Electronic Music on Saturday 13th July 2013 at the Paget High School in Burton-On-Trent :-)

The music performed in the 45 minute set, which will be unique to the night, will have the title of "MMXIII".


This will be my first live performance under my own name and I will be joined on stage by my son, Callum Raeburn-Fellowes, who will be playing synthesizers, electronic percussion and some of the weird little gizmos we have lying around the GTK Studio :-)

I've decided to go under my own name as the performance will be partly improvised and totally live, in that we are not going to be using software synthesizers, therefore the music will not have the structured sounds and compositions of the Geigertek project. It seemed a bit daft to be listed as Geigertek when I won't be playing any Geigertek material.

We're about to start work on the set and it's quite likely we'll be emptying the GTK Studio because we'll be using pretty much everything in here, including the old and crusty signal generators, the D.I.Y 4 pad electronic drum unit, a Stylophone, the Vibrati Punk Carton and the Peavey desk as well as a Nintendo DS and iPhone (need to figure out how to make sure it doesn't take calls whilst we do our thing!!!).

Callum and I will be preparing a video backing to compliment the music, which will feature moving images and some of my photographs and also those of my partner, Anne Mancini-Smith.

I am extremely excited by this date and hope that the end product will meet with approval.

Full details will be posted as soon as I have them.


1 comment:

  1. Turn airplane mode on for the iPhone - no calls can be made ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)