Wednesday, 12 September 2012

A Very Interesting Website

It's quite obvious that I love dereliction and that love goes beyond the photographs and the police interviews as I also very much enjoy looking at other people's photos and websites.

Well, I found a site recently called Derelict London and I have to say it's simply marvellous. After spending pretty much an entire evening poring over the photos contained therein, I now have a serious hankering to jump on a train and hit the capital city with The Fuji, just roaming around taking photos of the places and sites featured on Derelict London.

The site owner, Paul Talling, has done a terrific job with his site, and also a sister site called London's Lost Rivers. It's this sort of hidden/secret history that really resonates well with me and Paul's site has given me impetus to get my aging backside down to London and get with the snapping.

Paul has also written a couple of books that the websites accompany, so I may just avail myself of them in the not-too-distant future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)