Friday, 17 August 2012

Wymondham Wander, August 2012

Wymondham Wander, August 2012, a set on Flickr.

Last Sunday morning, my good lady Anne and I took a walk around the historic market town of Wymondham, in the east Anglian county of Norfolk.

As you can see from the photos, it was a gloriously sunny morning and we took full advantage of it, walking around the town and also the re-introduced meadows that skirt Wymondham.

We stopped at the restored railway station and enjoyed hot buttered toasted tea cakes and a much needed pot of tea - something of a treat for me as since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I've been avoiding sweet stuff and carbohydrates, I can tell you that the tea cake was simply divine!!!

Whilst walking through one of the meadows, which is next to a dismantled railway line, I managed to grab a reasonable photograph of a dragonfly. I've not been too successful with my "wildlife" shots, but this one turned out okay I think :-)

Looking forward very much to our next jaunt out into the East Anglian countryside.

Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.
Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.
Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.
Wymondham Wander, Norfolk, U.K.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)