Friday, 17 August 2012

New View Master Reel Additions

Yesterday, I took delivery of three new additions to my View Master reel collection, all for a very good price indeed, and considering two of them came from America.

The one is reel 4 and features images of a Scenic Autio Tour of the Boulder Dam in Nevada which was built between 1931 and 1936. The images are quite stunning and show the dam (now called the Hoover Dam) as it looked in roughly 1946 (when this reel was created).

The second two (from America) are reels 16 and 17 which feature images taken in the Bryce Canyon National  Park. They are quite glorious considering the images were taken around 1948 when these reels were created.

I've got a set of 3-disc set of Edinburgh, in their original packaging, on order and I'm really looking forward to them arriving as I find the older reels to be of a greater 3D quality than some of the more recent ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)