Saturday, 14 July 2012

Retro living......

I like looking at books and websites that show images of the past that looked to their future - which is now our present. Retro-futurism - great tag that. I also like to look at images of contemporary living spaces of different eras, it can be interesting to compare how they saw themselves in an alternative way to how we live now. This page was suggested by a Facebook friend called Julie - you might be interested to know that she was a dancer with space rock band Hawkwind. I love the pictures and find it interesting that the way we live today isn't that far removed from the idealised visions of Mr. Conrad - obviously the technology is a little more advanced :-D

VOICES OF EAST ANGLIA - THE HOME BOOK by TERENCE CONRAN





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)