Sunday, 15 July 2012

GTK Studio Update......

With all the recently acquired bits and pieces, I've had to make a lot of changes in the GTK Studio. It all started with the removal of the GTK Studio Sofa - I do miss it. But it has gone to a good home in the next room used by my good lady Anne in her "Little Den".

A new workbench was contructed out of an old wardrobe for me to do my soldering and writing as well as taking the effects rack. A couple of bits of furniture have been moved to take the valve radio, the signal generators, the oscilloscope and a small guitar practice amp, to make them more accessible for me from the main computer desk.

A ton of cables have been connected up between the mixing desk and the effects rack, but it's led me to a decision to get a rack-mounted sub-mixer, but that will be later this year. One thing I have been pleased with is the patchbay. I've not used one before and whilst it took me a few days to get my head round how to set it up, it was worth the time and emotional investment as I now have a nice little set up that's quite flexible - and sounds great with the signal generators. Everything is now within reach of the desk and so working will be much more efficient.

Pics soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)