Saturday, 31 December 2011

Looking back at 2011, looking forward to 2012......

Well here we are at the end of yet another year and preparing for the new one ahead in just a few hours.

And what a year 2011 has been. Not the best of years on some levels, but certainly not the worst.

2011 saw my photography side take off a little bit with a new photographic website - http://www.neilfellowesphotography.com/ - and a host of new photographic opportunities such as Ben "Benge" Edwards' electronic music studio and the embrace of the Norfolk countryside with my good friend and former B.B.C. film-maker, Clive Dunn (no, not that one, the other one). And of course, 2011 saw the arrival of my trusty Fujifilm Finepix S2950HD camera - The Fuji. She's been a friend and ally since April.

The music side of my life saw a successful and well received Geigertek set at the Bungay Bash in June, the start of my weekly "Man of 2 Worlds Radio Show" in July, the release of the Trinity album "Music For Angels" with David Wright and Nigel Turner-Heffer in August and the release of my third studio album, "Soundtrack For City Living" in October.

I got to meet some interesting people in the forms of the previously mentioned Ben "Benge" Edwards, famed concert attender Tapio Normall, John Foxx website administrator Rob Harris (who also supplied a couple of photos for the inlay of the "Soundtrack For City Living" CD booklet) and the high-light of the year was seeing in concert and meeting my biggest musical inspiration and hero, John Foxx, in October. A pure delight.

And looking forward to 2012, well there's plenty on the roster for the coming year. Musically, there's the writing and recording of a brand new Code Indigo CD, I'll be producing an album for a new artist called Iotronica, I'll be developing of a new electronica project to be called Neil Fellowes and the Impossible Men with my son, Callum Raeburn-Fellowes and guitarist Peter Dagg as well working on the fourth Geigertek album, to be called "Hollow Sun".

On the photography front, I'll be starting my Synth Studio Project, visiting a number of electronic music artists and photographing them and their studios, a return to Urban Exploration after a 10 month sabbatical, and a number of smaller project which I will reveal once I have some "definites" to share. I'm planning a book featuring some of my work and I'll be working a book project with my good friend Clive Dunn.

Now, I'm not one for making New Year's Resolutions for the simple reason I'm too flaky to stick to them :-) I did read a rather amusing, but quite true comment about New Year's Resolutions in that they are nothing more than a glorified to-do list for the first week of January. So true, so very true. I have found that having a list of things to achieve for the coming year is far less legally and psychologically binding than the well-intentioned NYR's and on my list of things to achieve in 2012 will be the eradication of my expotentially expanding waiste-line, shoring up the finances which are absolutely the worst they have ever been which is much the case for many of us these days (unless you're an M.P. or a banker of course), writing a book (photography-based), establishing the landscape history group and website Topographex with Clive Dunn and further promoting the "Man of 2 Worlds Radio Show" and the Neil Fellowes Photography website.

Well there you go, another year done and another one starting. All in all, 2012 looks to be a busy and creative year and you know something, I can't wait to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy year just gone and ahead Neil! I was a little disappointed (but not surprised) that I didnt feature in your interesting people you met in 2011! Anyway, all the best and keep on creating! Fred Hartman (writesaidfred)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not good Fred!!! You will be having a blog all to yourself in the next day or two ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)