Saturday, 1 October 2011

The months ahead......

Okay, "Soundtrack For City Living" now done and dusted being pressed to CD, all photo processing up to date and the studio is just about ready to start work - last vital piece being added on Monday morning - a sofa :-D

So what's next?

Well, aside from putting together the said studio (from which these bloggy blogs are now being produced) and catching up on the back log of photos that needed to be processed, I've been having a bit of a break from the music thing. Things got a little intense over the last three to four weeks of "Soundtrack For City Living", EQ tweaks, missed poor timings on some instruments, imbalanced mix, you know how it is, and I thought to take a step or two back for a short while from all things musical so that I could return to the fray fresh eared and fresh minded. And maybe, just maybe, that time isn't too far off.

Over the course of the coming week, I'm planning to install some software called Automap. This is specifically for my Novation Remote 61 SL MIDI keyboard controller and I am expecting it to allow me to control my new DAW, Reaper 4. Automap will also sync up pretty much any and all of my soft-synths. I'm also going to be ensuring that my Roland JV-2080 synthesizer is fully integrated into Reaper 4 as I am intending to use it extensively in the future.

Now, I said that the time for returning to the fray isn't far off. I want to think that this time next week, I will have started work on the next Geigertek album. I have a stack of ideas that have been keeping me awake at nights and an impetus to do something different. I have a working title for the album, but I won't be letting on just yet - as the fave saying from Doctor Who goes - spoilers ;-)

Photography-wise, I'm preparing to start the Synth Studio project. After the success of the images I got from Ben Edwards' amazing studio, I felt fired up to get this project underway and have been in touch with a number of leading electronic artists from around the U.K. - this is a project that is going to take some months to do because of the travelling that will be required. But all good fun. I'm also starting to prepare my first book. Now this is something that I hadn't considered, but a number of people who seem to have enjoyed my work have strongly suggested that this is something I be seriously thinking about. So, I'm going to give it a go. I haven't clue what pictures will be used, what the book will called or what form it will take. But it's going to be fun getting there :-D And as from tomorrow, I shall be photographing my dinners. Yes, each day, I shall endeavour to photograph whatever meal I am having and add it to the blog

And I'm also thinking of doing a video diary that I will post up on this 'ere bloggy blog thing. That needs a little more pondering, but ultimately I think I may give it a go. I've seen that I can easily set up my video camera in the corner of the studio (rather than use a webcam - tacky) so it won't be a problem to do.

Right, time for a shower and possibly a movie before bed.

Nite all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)