Friday, 27 May 2011

New Computer - for nothing!!!

For a while now, I've had to use my PC for live performance, something I've been very uncomfortable with because I have EVERYTHING on it including photographs and music. So you can imagine my absolute joy when today, through a site called Freegle, I came across an unwanted Pentium 4 PC in working order.

I picked it up this afternoon, re-formatted the hard drive (80 gig which is plenty for my needs), and added a decent graphics card and 2 gig of DDR 333 memory from an old PC we have lying around and wow, a working PC that is perfect for live work. Tomorrow morning will see soft synths and a modular environment installed ready for some serious rehearsing tomorrow afternoon.

It's kind of weird because at the same time, the timing of this PC arriving is both perfect and terrible :-) Perfect, because it means I don't have to use my main computer, terrible because of the extra work needed to prep it - but hey, a small price to pay.

Just goes to show that good things can happen when you least expect them :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)