Wednesday, 30 March 2011

NF pics on latest Ian Boddy Release

I'm really pleased to be able to tell you that two of my photographs were used as part of the artwork for an album called "Exit Strategy" (DiN37 2011) by Greek electronic composer Bakis Sirros and leading U.K. synthesist and sound designer, Ian Boddy.


The album itself is a collaboration between two electronic music artists who have a well documented love of analogue modular synthesisers. According to the press release, Sirros got things started by composing a series of ambient soundscapes and structured multilayered compositions that feature his avant-garde pulsing, throbbing analogue percussion layers, warm soundscapes and memorable melodies considered to be a signature sound of Parallel Worlds. Ian Boddy then took this material and shaped, arranged and sculpted it with the result being a series of seven inter-linked tracks which together, create something of a musical narrative that runs throughout "Exit Strategy". Boddy also added the glissando keyboard, a modern variation of the Ondes Martenot, sound he debuted on his album Slide (DiN31 2008) and this provides an emotional focus which, whilst it may seem to journey through dark, subterranean territory has some glorious melodic highlights.

Ian Boddy

Bakis Sirros
The previews can be heard on the DiN website which you can find by clicking HERE.

Many thanks to Ian Boddy for using my images, something of which I am both excited and proud. I have followed Ian's music for many years and never did I imagine during that time that something like this would ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)