Wednesday, 30 March 2011

New gear and music updates :-)

Well things have certainly been going on around here!!!

Obviously the photography has had to be put on hold for a short while so that my leg can mend after last week's fall in a derelict property. But that doesn't mean I've been slacking. Oh no.

I've been spending the time getting back to work on the "Soundtrack For City Living" album and I have to say that it's coming together nicely. It's very different from my previous releases and I hope that the finished product will have that certain something which will provide the break though.

I've also started preparing my set for the up-and-coming "Bungay Bash". I have a 45 mninute slot and my setlist is done. Two tracks each from "The Garden" and "The Timeless Mind", one track from the "Endless Night" E.P. (yes, I will be singing - you have been warned!!!), one track from the new album and a quirky show-stopping (I hope) opener. I'm not going to be saying what tracks I'm doing though until the event - you'll have to get tickets top come and see and hear for yourself.

Details of the "Bungay Bash" can be found HERE.

Because of the complex nature of my music, playing live can be a bit tricky, so to help balance the stress and enjoyment, I'm really pleased that my daughter, Alannah Raeburn-Fellowes, will be joining me on stage playing additional keyboards.


Getting back to the photography, there have been some interesting developments in the last week. Pictures that I took during the return visit Bessingham Manor in Norfolk (yes, the one where I fell) are receiving a lot of attention with people wanting to purchase copies and a number of enquiries being made. This has prompted me to start looking into setting up a little shop on the NF website, so keep an eye out for that. Also, the use of my images on Ian Boddy's latest CD release, which I hope will push my photography presence to a new level.

 

For the last two years, I've been using my partner's Canon Powershot A75 digital camera. It's been an absolute joy to use and, with it's many additional features, has enabled to take some seriously cool pictures that I didn't think were possible. It has a couple of drawbacks though, one being it's lack of a wide-angle lens and the other being it is only a 3.2 mega-pixel camera. So, because of the added interest in my photography and the improvement in my technique, I've decided it's time to up-grade the camera I use. Whilst I would have loved to go for a top-flight digital SLR, the simple truth is that just isn't possible at this time. My needs, like me, are simple: a wide-angle lens, high resolution, manual controls for exposure, aperture etc and ease and speed of use, all coupled with an affordable price, so I 've opted for a Bridge Camera. And the camera that ticked all the boxes was the Fujifilm Finepix S2950HD.

The "Fuji" has been ordered and now I have the painful task of waiting for it to be delivered. Those that know me know full well that I don't do patience and waiting very well at all :-D

So onwards - loads on the list to be done, and all very exciting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)