Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Today's Chalk Mine Explore

Well, what a day!!!

I teamed up with fellow explorer Chris Richmond to search for an access to the Harford Hills Chalk Mine on the Southern side of Norwich.

After much searching through under-growth, we found the access and what was planned as a recce turned into a 2 hour explore.

The mine went on for some distance underground, inclining deeper as we went along and whilst there wan't much in the way of artifacts, there was alot of tunnels to explore and engraved initials from teh 30's, 40's and 50's. One serious note is that it could be quite easy to get lost.

I'll put the photos up on Flickr soon as well as my website, but here a few to whet the appetite.








1 comment:

  1. Neil,
    This looks really interesting , i hope sometime soon to accompany you to the chalk mines.
    Paule.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)