Wednesday, 5 January 2011

"Soundtrack For City Living" Update

I had a very nice e-mail from my friend David Wright today regarding a cover version I've been wanting to do for the new Geigertek album "Soundtrack For City Living".

As David is the label boss of AD Music who release my music, I had to ask him about the required publishing permissions when one does a cover of an established song because I don't want to fall foul of copyright issues etc. He took the reins on this matter and after I got the publishing details from the manager of the artist concerned, David made the appropriate inquiries and this morning he informed me that I had a green light to go and that all was okay. To say I'm pleased is an under-statement as I've been wanting to do a re-working of this particular song for many years.

So, the Studio Drive was fired up and work commenced immediately and thus far, I'm pleased with the result. There's still a very long way to go yet, but already I can hear the song as I had it in my own mind.

The original was famous for it's feel and it's mood, I'm taking the piece in a different direction but, hopefully, will still maintain the dystopian atmosphere of the track.

Exciting stuff :-)


1 comment:

  1. That pic looks brilliant!
    Is the track "The Garden" by John Foxx by any chance?Apart from the name having a resonance with your work,I feel that you would do justice to this sublime piece.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)